The CC:IPS has developed a series of briefing notes to provide information and observations identified by the global public safety community. These briefing notes cover topics within the following areas:
- Call Handling and Contingency
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Planning and Business Continuity
- Remote Working
- PPE, Safety, and Barriers to Access Technology
- Political and Jurisdictional Challenges
The first briefing note on establishing and promoting a non-emergency number is available by clicking on the link or the image above for your information and sharing.
Emergency+ app and Triple Zero (000)
Australia’s Emergency+ app for iOS and Android devices to:
- – provide the caller with information about when to call Triple Zero (000)
- -provide the caller with information about who to call in various non-emergency situations
- State Emergency Service (SES) (132 500)
- Police Assistance Line (131 444)
- Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000)
- Health Direct Australia (1800 022 222)
- National Relay Service
- assist the caller to dial the relevant number
- display the GPS coordinates of the phone’s location that the caller can read out to the emergency operator.
Triple Zero Kids Challenge
Kids will learn about getting help by playing games and solving mysteries. They’ll learn about safety messages and hear what happens when you call Triple Zero. Along the way they will meet the “Zeros” as they are guided step by step through the game.